Hey everyone, Seth from the Curated Success team here!
I'm taking the reins for Opt In Weekly this week as Ashley is in England detecting some metal.
For those of you who don't know me, my name is Seth Morris and I'm in charge of Customer Experience and Support for Curated (and I help with some of the marketing). If you've ever watched a Curated help video or emailed support, then we've interacted!
But don't worry, Ashley is still here with us in spirit. She curated some amazing content for y'all before she went on vacation, and she's made sure to include any articles that she's found while she's been out.
I'll be providing a small bit of commentary for each link to make sure you still get the authentic Opt In Weekly experience.
Without further ado, let's jump into this week's issue!
Publishing News From Around The World
This week's Publishing is a roundup of articles from across the publishing world.
- The worker-owned Defector, at a year old, has over 40,000 paying subscribers and $3.2M in revenue.
- Twitter rolls out some updates that publishers should be aware of.
- The Washing Post launches The 7, a new short-read newsletter that that can be consumed through multiple platforms.
- Small publishers have a longer runway to digital, but they still need to take off.
- European publishers make paid podcasts work. Examples from France, Germany, UK, Sweden and Poland.
That's All From Me, Folks!
Thanks to Ashley for letting me guest curate this week's issue, and thanks to you for reading it!
I'll pop back in occasionally for a Curated News link, so you'll see me around.